Hello OSUCOM! We hope your school year is going well. We are excited to tell you about our plans for USIG in September!
Mark your calendars with these events so you can learn how to get more involved in Ultrasound at OSUCOM!:
- Thursday, September 7th, 4:30-5:30pm, Meiling Hall - USIG Station @ The OSUCOM Student Organization Fair
- Tuesday, September 19th, 6-8pm, DHLRI 170 - USIG General Student Body First Meeting
Be there or be square.
Scanning and competitions and prizes... OH MY!
We are happy to announce our 4th Annual UltraFest, a FREE Ultrasound Symposium hosted by USIG, is coming up on October 8th here on the campus of THE Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.
We are expecting more than 200 medical, undergraduate and high school students from across the Buckeye State and beyond. You will gain hands-on point-of-care ultrasound experience using the most cutting edge ultrasound equipment.
As part of the experience, you will receive:
- FREE breakfast and lunch
- FREE t-shirt (if you submit a design for the t-shirt here by Friday, September 8th!)
- The opportunity to earn bragging rights by winning the ultrasound competition
- Last but not least, the ability to help YOUR patients by answering questions only point-of-care ultrasound can answer
- Upcoming Sessions
- Tuesday, September 5th, 5:30-7:30pm, 6th floor Prior - AUS Scanning Pulsed Wave Doppler
- Tuesday, September 12th, 5-6pm, 6th floor Prior - AUS Path Lecture*
- Information about scan to precede session via email
- Questions? Contact Amber, email@example.com
*Medical Students of all training levels are welcome to attend AUS Path Lectures
- September Honors Ultrasound Events
- Thursday, September 7th, 5-7pm, 6th floor Prior - HUS Scanning Session
- Wednesday, September 13th, 5-7pm, 6th floor Prior - HUS Journal Club
- Wednesday, September 27th, 5-7pm, B050 James Cancer Hospital - HUS Didactics OBGYN and Pathology Review
- Questions? Contact Dr. Bahner firstname.lastname@example.org
Trained Simulated Ultrasound Patient (TSUP)
- Become a TSUP! Follow the instructions found here
- Upcoming Scans
- Tuesday, September 5th, 5-7:30 pm, 6th floor Prior - BUS/IUS/AUS Scans
- Thursday, September 14th, 1:30-4:30 pm, 6th floor Prior - LSI Renal US Scanning
- Thursday, September 21st, 9-12 pm, 6th floor Prior - EM Faculty US Training
- Friday, September 22nd, 9-11 am, 6th floor Prior - AMHBC Workshop
- Sign up HERE!
- Questions? Contact Kyle and Jess at email@example.com
- We have several proctoring opportunities coming up, and we are always in need of proctors. So please consider signing up for one of the following events.
- September Opportunities to Proctor
- Tuesday, September 5th, 5:30-7:30 pm - Physics and Knobology/Aorta and Veins
- Tuesday, September 12th, 1:30-4:30 pm - Renal Ultrasound
- Thursday, September 14th, 1:30-4:30 pm - Renal Ultrasound
- If you haven't already signed up to be a proctor, fill out this survey in order to get on the email list!
- If you have signed up to be a proctor, then sign up for sessions HERE!
- If you have questions, contact Max Scoville - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ultrasound Research Interest Group (USRIG)
- Through USRIG we hope to enhance the efforts of research in ultrasound at the medical student level. Stay tuned for more opportunities to get involved!
- HUS Journal Club (USRIG welcome as well!)
- Wednesday, September 13th, 5-7pm, 6th floor Prior
- Intro Meeting
- Planning for week of September 18th... stay tuned for more details
- First USRIG lecture
- Planning for week of September 25th... stay tuned for more details
- Questions? Contact USRIG President Rohit Menon
USIG Engagement Committee
- If you have any questions, concerns, or ideas for USIG, you can submit feedback anonymously.
- Upcoming Events
- Games, competitions, social events, extra scanning sessions - we'll keep you updated as we confirm dates and activities!
- LSI Renal Ultrasound Sessions: M2s only
- Questions or comments? Contact Michael!
Get to know your Executive Board!
Question of the Month:
What is your favorite Ultrasound Scan?
President - Antoinette Pusateri, M4
Hepatobiliary, because a) the liver is the coolest organ in the body and b) who does not love Mickey Mouse? #PortalTriad #MickeyMouseSign
Vice President - Charles McCombs, M3
I love MSK scans, it takes me back to my undergrad in exercise physiology!
Secretary - Yalan Vu, M2
My gallbladder has an anatomical variant, so the gallbladder scan, because it makes me feel special. #IamASnowflake
Treasurer - Toacca Taylor, M2
Carotid/Internal Jugular Vein Ultrasound
Education Coordinator - Max Scoville, M4
Senior Communities of Practice Coordinator - Michael Howell, M3
Eye scan #ProteinaceousFluidInTheEye
Junior Communities of Practice Coordinator - Sean McDermott, M2
OB because you get to see a baby!
BUS/TSUP Coordinators - Kyle McAtee, M2
Cardiac scan. I <3 the <3.
Jess Wolf, M2
Nerve block and ocular #ILoveNeuro
IUS Coordinators - Martina Diaz, M2
Anthony Vargas, M2
My favorite scan has to be the abdominal Aorta scan. Whenever I get to see the seagull, it always reminds me of the beach!
AUS Coordinator - Amber Gombash, M3
Industry Relations Coordinator - Nayan Shah, M2
Webmaster - Jimmy Moley, M2
USRIG President - Rohit Menon, M2
My favorite scans are the subxiphoid, left and right upper quadrants, and pelvic scans because i like to scan FAST. #PunIntended
USRIG Vice President - Lauren Mamer, M4
Pleural sliding - I'm always happy to see those shimmering lights!
David Bahner, MD, RDMS
Thoracic scan - FATE 4 view with curtain, mirror and spine stopping at diaphragm
Creagh Boulger, MD, RDMS
A compliant scan entered into Q path correctly and signed in a timely fashion, and of course, the bunk bed view of twins