Beginner Ultrasound Updates
BUS applications close Friday, Sept 6 at 11:59pm. We will have a pre-scan lecture tonight, Tuesday Sept. 3 in Prior 400. If you have not already signed up for a time, please sign up here. This lecture is before you find out if you were accepted into BUS. We ask that you attend if you have applied; we will be taking attendance. More information about BUS and sign-ups for the first scan will be coming shortly! If you have questions or concerns, please contact a Lizzy (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).
Intermediate Ultrasound Updates
Applications are open for the next round of IUS for any those who have completed BUS! Applications can be accessed here, the form will close onFriday Sept. 6th. Contact Allie Allman (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Chelsea Leipold (email@example.com) with questions.
Advanced Ultrasound Updates
The first AUS scan will be held this Thursday, Sept. 5th, from 5-7pm on the 6th floor of Prior.The first pathology session scheduled for September 10th in the James conference room B050. Contact coordinators Sarah Hatef (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Cindy Luan (email@example.com) with questions.
UCARE is a program for motivated medical students, geared toward M1's enrolled in BUS, to gain additional ultrasound-based experiences with the goal of developing future leaders in Ultrasound. Participants will be exposed to a broad scope of ultrasound topics including clinical medicine, administration, research, and education. Benefits of UCARE participation are as follows:
- Creation of a portfolio of ultrasound scans
- Access to events only open to UCARE, such as ED scanning sessions with Dr. Bahner
- Multiple opportunities for leadership in ultrasound
UCARE recruitment will come from BUS participants who demonstrate a desire to become more deeply involved in ultrasound. If you have any questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Communities of Practice
Interested in practicing ultrasound in a particular specialty? Want clinical and/or research exposure in this area? Ultrasound Communities of Practice (COPs) are groups of students and physicians dedicated to furthering ultrasound within their specialty. Interested students can sign up here!
Contact email@example.com with questions.
New: Proctor Training!
Please join us this Friday (Sept. 6) from 3:45-7pm for a proctor training session! Please note that because of high demand, training has been restructured to get more people certified in these four scans. On the google doc sign-up please indicate whether you would like to be in group A (3:45-5:30pm) or group B (5:15-7:00pm). With this change, we will now be able to train 60 proctors. Sign ups will still close on Wednesday Sept 4th at 5:00pm and you will receive a confirmation on Wednesday evening.
- Interested in TSUPing? Instructions can be found at TSUP Training
- New this year: If you completed TSUP consent forms last year you are covered for this year too! No further action required, just sign up to model!
- There are many events this summer where we are looking for TSUPs and Proctors, check out the TSUP and Proctor Sign-Up
- Submit an abstract to the AIUM conference in New York City!
- Abstract due date: October 8th
- Conference dates: March 21-25
- Link can be found here
Ultrasound Hours Reminder
- The hour requirement for all ultrasound courses is 15 hours
- As a reminder proctoring counts for double hours, and you can proctor as soon as you have completed BUS!
- Stay tuned for a new proctor training program!
- TSUP FAQs
- Log ultrasound hours here
- Check logged hours here
Follow USIG on social media!
- Instagram: @osuusig
- Twitter: @osuultrasound