Hi Ultrasound Enthusiasts!!
Please see our September calendar and announcements below.
As always let us know if you have any questions!
5th Annual UltraFest Hosted by USIG
- Who: Any medical student with an interest in ultrasound
- What: An Ultrasound symposium hosted by USIG. In the morning, there will be a keynote speaker and then the opportunity for hands on learning about different ultrasound scans. In the afternoon, we will have lunch followed by an ultrasound scanning competition to show off your new skills.
- When: Saturday, October 27th from 8am-4pm
- Where: The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- How: Please register to participate here by Friday, October 12th, 2018. Please note there is a $10 deposit to cover the cost of food, $5 will be returned to you upon your arrival at the event.
- Questions? Email USIG President firstname.lastname@example.org!
If you are an OSUCOM student and you would like to TSUP or proctor then register here.
Visit our website to see our schedule for the day and to view pictures from last year’s eventhere.
Beginner Ultrasound Updates
- The first scanning session, physics and "knobology", will be held September 18th
Intermediate Ultrasound Updates
- IUS will begin there session on September 18th with learning about scanning the aorta
Advanced Ultrasound Updates
- AUS will hold their first pathology session on September 18th and they will be learning about chest pain
Tiered Mentorship Program
- Tiered Mentorship groups will consist of several members of each class so that M1s, M2s, M3s, and M4s can all work together to learn ultrasound.
- Underclassmen, you will have the chance to learn new scans
- Upperclassmen, you will have the opportunity to serve as a mentor
- If you are interested in being a part of the tiered mentorship program please apply here
Communities of Practice
- Ultrasound Communities of Practice are groups of students and doctors dedicated to furthering ultrasound within their specialty. This is where you'll find the latest information on COP activities.
- We are currently recruiting new members for our COPs (Emergency, OB/GYN, IM, ENT, Surgery, Pediatrics, Family Medicine, MSK, Urology).
- Please email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating in any capacity.
ED Scanning Shifts
M2s, M3s, and M4s are invited to join the faculty in the ED for ultrasound scanning shifts. Completion of at least Beginner Ultrasound is required. Dates, times, and further instructions are on the signup sheet here.
Please contact Michael Howell (email@example.com) with any questions or concerns.
TSUP and Proctor Updates
- As a reminder we need all TSUPs to renew their training for the 2018-2019 school year, instructions can be found at TSUP Training
- Check out the TSUP and Proctor Sign-Up
Ultrasound Hours Reminder
-The hour requirement for all ultrasound courses is 15 hours, as a reminder proctoring counts for double hours
For more information check out our website