USIG October 2018
Hi Ultrasound Enthusiasts!!
Please see our October calendar and announcements below.
As always let us know if you have any questions!
5th Annual UltraFest Hosted by USIG
- Who: Any medical student with an interest in ultrasound
- What: An Ultrasound symposium hosted by USIG. In the morning, there will be a keynote speaker and then the opportunity for hands on learning about different ultrasound scans. In the afternoon, we will have lunch followed by an ultrasound scanning competition to show off your new skills.
- When: Saturday, October 27th from 8am-4pm
- Where: The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- How: Please register to participate here by Friday, October 12th, 2018. Please note there is a $10 deposit to cover the cost of food, $5 will be returned to you upon your arrival at the event.
- Questions? Email USIG President email@example.com!
If you are an OSUCOM student and you would like to TSUP or proctor then register here.
Visit our website to see our schedule for the day and to view pictures from last year’s eventhere.
Upcoming TSUP Opportunities
We are looking for volunteers for the Clinical Skills Center Open House. Please see the event description and contact information below.
Clinical Skills Open House
Friday, October 5th, 1:30 pm – 3:00pm
Alumni will be visiting the Clinical Skills Education & Assessment Center in Prior Hall to learn about and see the state-of-the-art training center simulating actual patient care experiences. We need 2-4 members of our USIG to come help out with event, you'll get to show off some the ultrasound knowledge you've been getting! It's just an open house, there is nothing specific you have to know/demonstrate.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Beginner Ultrasound Updates
- The second session for physics and "knobology", will be held October 9th
Intermediate Ultrasound Updates
- IUS will hold their second scanning session on October 9th and they will be learning about scanning the aorta
Advanced Ultrasound Updates
- AUS will hold their second pathology session on dyspnea on October 16th
Tiered Mentorship Program
- Tiered Mentorship groups will consist of several members of each class so that M1s, M2s, M3s, and M4s can all work together to learn ultrasound.
- Underclassmen, you will have the chance to learn new scans
- Upperclassmen, you will have the opportunity to serve as a mentor
- If you are interested in being a part of the tiered mentorship program please apply here
Communities of Practice
- Ultrasound Communities of Practice are groups of students and doctors dedicated to furthering ultrasound within their specialty
- We are currently recruiting new members for our COPs (Emergency, OB/GYN, IM, ENT, Surgery, Pediatrics, Family Medicine, MSK, Urology).
- Please email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating in any capacity.
ED Scanning Shifts
M2s, M3s, and M4s are invited to join the faculty in the ED for ultrasound scanning shifts. Completion of at least Beginner Ultrasound is required. Dates, times, and further instructions are on the signup sheet here.
Please contact Michael Howell (email@example.com) with any questions or concerns.
TSUP and Proctor Updates
- As a reminder we need all TSUPs to renew their training for the 2018-2019 school year, instructions can be found at TSUP Training
- Check out the TSUP and Proctor Sign-Up
Ultrasound Hours Reminder
-The hour requirement for all ultrasound courses is 15 hours, as a reminder proctoring counts for double hours
For more information check out our website