USIG November 2018
Hi Ultrasound Enthusiasts!!
Please see our November calendar and announcements below.
As always let us know if you have any questions!
What’s New in USIG - UltraFest Recap
The 5th Annual UltraFest was our biggest yet!
- 218 participants and volunteers
- 42 ultrasound machines donated
- 12 medical schools represented from 4 different states
If you participated in UltraFest please take a minute to tell us about your experience at the following link, https://goo.gl/forms/0WaHhLzcslciv7hi1
The event would not have been a success without our donors here at OSUCOM including the Alumni Organization, IPC, Student Council, and the Emergency Medicine Department. Additionally, 42 ultrasound machines were lent to the Ultrasound Interest Group from Sonosite, GE, Sonosim, Phillips, Mindray, Clarius, Butterfly, and our very own CSEAC. A huge thank you to the faculty and donors that helped make this day a success!
Finally, thank you to our TSUPs and Proctors!! UltraFest would not be possible without you. Please take a minute to fill out the survey found at the link, https://goo.gl/forms/WXJNQKWDEJBtQ44F3
We're already looking forward to seeing all of you back next fall for our 6th Annual UltraFest!
Beginner Ultrasound Updates
- The next scanning session will be held on 11/6. BUS will be learning about musculoskeletal scans.
Intermediate Ultrasound Updates
- The next scanning session will be held on 11/6. IUS will be learning about hepatobiliary scans.
Advanced Ultrasound Updates
- Vascular pathology scanning session will take place on 11/8 from 5-7:30pm
TSUP and Proctor Updates
- As a reminder we need all TSUPs to renew their training this year, instructions can be found at TSUP Training
- We are always looking for TSUPs and Proctors for our many scanning events, and the December schedule has just been released for you to sign-up. Please check the sign-up link, TSUP and Proctor Sign-Up
Ultrasound Hours Reminder
-The hour requirement for all ultrasound courses is 15 hours, as a reminder proctoring counts for double hours
Communities of Practice
- Ultrasound Communities of Practice are groups of students and doctors dedicated to furthering ultrasound within their specialty
- We are currently recruiting new members for our COPs (Emergency, OB/GYN, IM, ENT, Surgery, Pediatrics, Family Medicine, MSK, Urology).
- Please email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating in any capacity.