Happy November OSUCOM!
Read on to discover what exciting ultrasound events we have planned for this month!
Ultrasound Fun from
American College of Emergency Physicians
~Coming soon... the amazing Chrysalis (crystal-less) Probe from Butterfly~
~AI in ultrasound - Does auto calculations for you~
- Upcoming Sessions
- Tuesday, November 7th, 5-7pm AUS Pregnancy pathology session, CSEAC 620
- Tuesday, November 14th, 5-7:30 pm, 6th floor Prior - Pelvic Scan
- Information about scan to precede session via email
- Questions? Contact Amber, firstname.lastname@example.org
*Medical Students of all training levels are welcome to attend AUS Path Lectures
- Opportunities to Proctor
- Tuesday, November 14th, 5-7:30 pm, 6th floor Prior - BUS/IUS/AUS
- Monday, November 20th, 3-5pm, 6th floor Prior - MSK Ultrasound US
- Tuesday, November 28th, 3-5pm, 6th floor Prior - MSK Ultrasound US
- Wednesday, November 29th, 3-5pm, 6th floor Prior - MSK Ultrasound US
- If you haven't already signed up to be a proctor, fill out this survey in order to get on the email list!
- If you have signed up to be a proctor, then sign up for sessions HERE!
- If you have questions, contact Max Scoville - email@example.com
Communities of Practice (COPs)
COPs are groups of doctors and students dedicated to advancing US within a specialty.
- Emergency Medicine: Sign up for ED scanning shifts (open to all M2s-M4s)!
- Note that we are temporarily stopping the ED scans for the month of November due to the high volume of learners, but they'll be back soon!
- Want get involved by leading a COP? Fill out this survey!
- If you've already filled out the survey, you'll be hearing from us soon about meeting with other leaders to get started.
- Questions? Contact Michael or Sean!
Ultrasound Research Interest Group (USRIG)
SAVE THE DATE:
March 24, 2018
SONOSLAM Med Student Ultrasound Competition
Get to know your Executive Board!
Question of the Month:
For what are you most thankful?
(1) Serious Answers
(2) Then Humorous Answers :)
President - Antoinette Pusateri, M4
(1) My Family
(2) JT Barrett IV et al in win v. Penn State!
Vice President - Charles McCombs, M3
(1) The opportunity to take care of people
(2) Upper Arlington Turkey Trot!
Secretary - Yalan Vu, M2
Treasurer - Toacca Taylor, M2
(1) Another year of life #ScorpioSeason
(2) Southern style thanksgiving dinner
Education Coordinator - Max Scoville, M4
Senior Communities of Practice Coordinator - Michael Howell, M3
(1) Good friends, family, and food
(2) So far I've survived ID at NCH!
Junior Communities of Practice Coordinator - Sean McDermott, M2
BUS/TSUP Coordinators - Kyle McAtee, M2
(1) Friends and Family
(2) Charles McCombs
Jess Wolf, M2
(1) My husband
(2) My husband's cooking
IUS Coordinators - Martina Diaz, M2
Anthony Vargas, M2
(1) Charles McCombs
(2) Friends and Family
AUS Coordinator - Amber Gombash, M3
Industry Relations Coordinator - Nayan Shah, M2
(1) LeBron James
(2) LeBron James
Webmaster - Jimmy Moley, M2
(1) Friends and Family
(2) Cleveland sports
USRIG President - Rohit Menon, M2
USRIG Vice President - Lauren Mamer, M4
David Bahner, MD, RDMS
(1) CREAGH BOULGER :)
Creagh Boulger, MD, RDMS
(1) All of you students... and my kids :)