Ultrasound Interest Group
July 2019 Newsletter
Beginner Ultrasound Updates
Summer BUS has officially wrapped up! If you have not yet completed all of the required sessions, please plan to attend the make up scan...time/date TBD.
We will be starting the next round of BUS in August - please keep an eye out for emails. Questions or concerns? Contact Lizzy Barmash (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lizzy Bashian (email@example.com)
Intermediate Ultrasound Updates
The next session of IUS will be held this summer for anyone who has completed BUS! There will be another IUS session in the fall as well. The dates for the scans are July 15, July 24, and July 31. Please look for an application soon!
Advanced Ultrasound Updates
The AUS course will be starting this fall, and the application will be released at the end of July. Contact coordinators Sarah Hatef (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Cindy Luan (email@example.com) with questions.
Communities of Practice
Interested in practicing ultrasound in a particular specialty? Want clinical and/or research exposure in this area? Ultrasound Communities of Practice (COPs) are groups of students and physicians dedicated to furthering ultrasound within their specialty.
We are currently recruiting new members for our COPs in all specialties (EM, OB/GYN, IM, FM, ENT, MSK, Anesthesia, Surgery, Peds, Urology, etc.). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
TSUP and Proctor Updates
- Interested in TSUPing? Instructions can be found at TSUP Training
- New this year: If you completed TSUP consent forms last year you are covered for this year too! No further action required, just sign up to model!
- There are many events this summer where we are looking for TSUPs and Proctors, check out the TSUP and Proctor Sign-Up
- Our first General Body Meeting of the school year will take place in August
- A new proctor training program will also be held in August! Date TBD.
- For more information check out our website
Ultrasound Hours Reminder