USIG July 2018 Newsletter
Hi Ultrasound Enthusiasts!!
Please see our July calendar and announcements below.
As always let us know if you have any questions!
What’s New in USIG
-Welcome to our new executive board!!
- President: Charles McCombs
- Vice President: Michael Howell
- Secretary: Elizabeth Bley
- Treasurer: Rebecca Rings
- Edu Coordinators: Martina Diaz & Anthony Vargas
- Faculty Advisors: Dr. Bahner and Dr. Boulger
Beginner Ultrasound Updates
- The summer course will hold its re-scheduled last session on 7/11 from 5:30-7:30pm in the ultrasound room
- An additional BUS course will be offered this fall, stay tuned for details!
Intermediate Ultrasound Updates
- The summer course will be starting 7/11. Additional dates will include 7/18 (a double scan night) and 7/25. All will be from 5:30-7:30pm in the ultrasound room.
- An IUS course will be offered this fall!
Advanced Ultrasound Updates
- The AUS course will be starting this fall, and the application will be released at the end of July
TSUP and Proctor Updates
- As a reminder we need all TSUPs to renew their training this year, instructions can be found at TSUP Training
- There are many events this summer where we are looking for TSUPs and Proctors, check out the TSUP and Proctor Sign-Up
Ultrasound Hours Reminder
-The hour requirement for all ultrasound courses is 15 hours, as a reminder proctoring counts for double hours
-Our first General Body Meeting of the school year will take place 8/28/18
-This year’s UltraFest will take place on 10/27/18
-For more information check out our website
5th Annual UltraFest Hosted by USIG
We are happy to announce that our 5th Annual UltraFest, an Ultrasound Symposium hosted by USIG, is coming up on Saturday, October 27th, 2017, 8:00am-4:00pm in the BRT here on the campus of THE Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. We are expecting more than 200 medical, college and high school students from across the Buckeye State and beyond. You will gain hands-on point-of-care ultrasound experience using the most cutting edge ultrasound equipment. As part of the experience you will receive:
- Breakfast and lunch
- A useful ultrasound themed event favor
- The opportunity to earn bragging rights by winning the ultrasound competition
- Last but not least, the ability to help YOUR patients by answering questions that only point-of-care ultrasound can answer
Registration will open soon, make sure register by September 30th, 2018.
Visit our 4th Annual UltraFest website to see our schedule for the day and to view pictures from last year’s event here.