USIG August 2018 Newsletter
Hi Ultrasound Enthusiasts!!
Please see our August calendar and announcements below.
As always let us know if you have any questions!
What’s New in USIG
***DATE CHAGE*** The USIG General Body Meeting will now be held Tuesday, August 14th from 5:45-7:45pm in Meiling 160
- Applications are now live for UltraFest, IUS and AUS. Please see the appropriate section below for links to the applications
TSUP and Proctor Updates
- All TSUPs must renew training for the 2018-2019 school year, instructions can be found at TSUP Training
- Check out the TSUP and Proctor Sign-Up to volunteer
Beginner Ultrasound Updates
- The fall course application will be sent out after the General Body Meeting on August 14th
- Fall BUS applications will be due August 24th at 11:59pm
- Fall BUS orientation will be held on August 28th at 5:30pm in Meiling 112
Intermediate Ultrasound Updates
- The fall IUS application can be found here, and is due August 17th at 11:59pm
- Stay tuned for details regarding summer IUS make-up sessions
Advanced Ultrasound Updates
- The fall AUS application can be found here, and is due August 17th at 11:59pm
ED Scanning Shifts
M2s, M3s, and M4s are invited to join the faculty in the ED for ultrasound scanning shifts. Completion of at least Beginner Ultrasound is required. Dates, times, and further instructions are on the signup sheet here.
Please contact Michael Howell (email@example.com) with any questions or concerns.
Ultrasound Hours Reminder
- The hour requirement for all ultrasound courses is 15 hours, as a reminder proctoring counts for double hours
-Our first General Body Meeting of the school year will take place 8/14/18 from 5:30-7:30pm in Meiling 160
-This year’s UltraFest will take place on 10/27/18, registration is due 10/12 at 11:59pm
-For more information check out our website
5th Annual UltraFest Hosted by USIG
We are happy to announce that our Fifth Annual UltraFest, an Ultrasound Symposium hosted by USIG, is coming up on Saturday, October 27th, 2018, 8:00am-4:00pm in the Biomedical Research Tower here at THE Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. We are expecting more than 200 medical, college and high school students from across the Buckeye State and beyond. For $10 you will gain hands-on point-of-care ultrasound experience using the most cutting edge ultrasound equipment. As part of the experience you will receive:
- Breakfast and lunch
- A useful ultrasound themed event favor
- The opportunity to earn bragging rights by winning the ultrasound competition
- And finally, the ability to help YOUR patients by answering questions that only point-of-care ultrasound can answer
Please register to participate here by Friday, October 12th, 2018. If you are an OSUCOM student and you would like to TSUP or proctor then register here. Questions? Email USIG President firstname.lastname@example.org!
Visit our website to see our schedule for the day and to view pictures from last year’s eventhere.